Saturday Night Live took full advantage of Donald Trump’s scandal-filled week on Saturday.
While the sketch first started at Monday’s vice presidential debate, the scene was quickly interrupted by a breaking news update that referenced the leaked tape of Trump making lewd comments about women while talking to former Access Hollywood host Billy Bush.
“Looks like Donald Trump finally got what he wanted — a working microphone,” said SNL cast member Cecily Strong, playing CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin.
Later, when Baldwin as Trump is done talking to CNN, he makes some comments reminiscent of the hot mic video. “I wish I was that hurricane tearing through hot Miami p—y,” Baldwin’s Trump said, unaware the microphone is still on. “I would just destroy it.”
The sketch then turns to McKinnon as Clinton, who is celebrating Trump’s scandal at her campaign headquarters with champagne and dancing. When she’s asked if Trump should drop out of the race, Clinton shouts: “No! No! No! Give him a shot!”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow