Saturday Night Live took full advantage of Donald Trump’s scandal-filled week on Saturday.
While the sketch first started at Monday’s vice presidential debate, the scene was quickly interrupted by a breaking news update that referenced the leaked tape of Trump making lewd comments about women while talking to former Access Hollywood host Billy Bush.
“Looks like Donald Trump finally got what he wanted — a working microphone,” said SNL cast member Cecily Strong, playing CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin.
Later, when Baldwin as Trump is done talking to CNN, he makes some comments reminiscent of the hot mic video. “I wish I was that hurricane tearing through hot Miami p—y,” Baldwin’s Trump said, unaware the microphone is still on. “I would just destroy it.”
The sketch then turns to McKinnon as Clinton, who is celebrating Trump’s scandal at her campaign headquarters with champagne and dancing. When she’s asked if Trump should drop out of the race, Clinton shouts: “No! No! No! Give him a shot!”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.