Following the viral success of its Star Wars-themed “Your Father” commercial featuring two dads, Campbell’s Soup has rolled out an equally heartwarming — and gender norm-shattering — spot to promote its new Spider-Man Soup for kids.
Dubbed “Spidey,” the ad shows a child dressed in a Spider-Man costume engaging in a series of hijinks as their mom cleans up around the house. Finally, lunch is served and the mask is removed, revealing the young superhero is a young girl.
The spot is one of nine released Monday as part of the ongoing “Real, Real Life” campaign, which “celebrates the joys, frustrations and humor of real life in today’s modern American families,” Campbell’s tells TIME.
Watch the ad above.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This