Pope Francis is used to appearing in photos; he is, after all, one of the most famous humans on earth, given to presiding over large public gatherings and posing for countless souvenir photographs with his reverent fandom. Sometimes, that fandom includes creatures of the canine persuasion. Sometimes, those animals are lifted on high to get as close to his papal glory as possible. And sometimes, those divinely-blessed dogs make for an epic photobomb as their tongues loll, blissfully basking in the Pope’s presence.
At least, that’s what happened outside the Vatican in St. Peter’s Square on Wednesday. It was a beautiful, sunny day in Rome, made all the better by this perfect capture of canine joy. The Pope was meeting with a dog training group in the square, Metro UK reports, and he also spent time with and blessed some of the other lucky dogs.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy