Donald Trump mispronounced the word “Nevada” while trying to teach a Reno crowd how to say the name of their home state.
At a rally Wednesday night, Trump said, “Nevada. Ne-vahhhh-da… Nobody says it the other way, it has to be Ne-vah-da. And if you don’t say it correctly,” Trump joked, “it didn’t happen to me but it happened to a friend of mine, he was killed.”
Reporters in attendance noted that some members of the crowd yelled back the proper pronunciation, Neh-VAD-ah. Trump was also criticized on Twitter for the flub.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time