Rapper Kid Cudi said he has checked himself into a rehab facility due to “depression and suicidal urges.”
“I am not at peace. I haven’t been since you’ve known me,” he wrote Tuesday in a deeply personal Facebook post, which he signed with his full name, Scott Mescudi. “If I didn’t come here, I wouldve done something to myself. I simply am a damaged human swimming in a pool of emotions everyday of my life. Theres a ragin violent storm inside of my heart at all times. Idk what peace feels like. Idk how to relax.”
Cudi said his new album, which was originally expected to be released in September, is “on the way.” He apologized to fans and said he hopes to check out of rehab by the time of the ComplexCon festival, which starts on Nov. 5.
“Im tired of being held back in my life. I deserve to have peace. I deserve to be happy and smiling,” Cudi wrote. “Why not me?”
Read Cudi’s full post below:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow