Rapper Kid Cudi said he has checked himself into a rehab facility due to “depression and suicidal urges.”
“I am not at peace. I haven’t been since you’ve known me,” he wrote Tuesday in a deeply personal Facebook post, which he signed with his full name, Scott Mescudi. “If I didn’t come here, I wouldve done something to myself. I simply am a damaged human swimming in a pool of emotions everyday of my life. Theres a ragin violent storm inside of my heart at all times. Idk what peace feels like. Idk how to relax.”
Cudi said his new album, which was originally expected to be released in September, is “on the way.” He apologized to fans and said he hopes to check out of rehab by the time of the ComplexCon festival, which starts on Nov. 5.
“Im tired of being held back in my life. I deserve to have peace. I deserve to be happy and smiling,” Cudi wrote. “Why not me?”
Read Cudi’s full post below:
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science