Vice presidential hopefuls Mike Pence and Tim Kaine came prepared for their moment in the spotlight Tuesday night, armed with hours of preparation, talking points and canned zingers.
But Trump’s running mate Indiana Gov. Pence stumbled right out of the gate when he got one of his first facts wrong: the name of the location of the debate.
“Thank you to Norwood University for their wonderful hospitality,” he said in his opening statement.
Unfortunately for Pence, the debate was actually hosted at Longwood University in Farmville, Va.
Shortly afterward, Norwood University began to trend on Twitter.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk