Vice presidential hopefuls Mike Pence and Tim Kaine came prepared for their moment in the spotlight Tuesday night, armed with hours of preparation, talking points and canned zingers.
But Trump’s running mate Indiana Gov. Pence stumbled right out of the gate when he got one of his first facts wrong: the name of the location of the debate.
“Thank you to Norwood University for their wonderful hospitality,” he said in his opening statement.
Unfortunately for Pence, the debate was actually hosted at Longwood University in Farmville, Va.
Shortly afterward, Norwood University began to trend on Twitter.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time