Vice President Joe Biden has a bit of a reputation as a fun-loving party animal. So when Adam Devine needed a crime-fighting partner for an undercover operation at a college party, he knew just who to call.
A new video from Funny or Die features Biden and Devine crashing frat parties to help get the word out about a serious issue that affects college kids everywhere—sexual assault on campus, an issue that Biden has been vocal about, particularly in the wake of Stanford sexual assault case.
In the clip, the Veep keeps his sunglasses on at the party to conceal his true identity and tries to pass his Secret Service off as friends from the football team. He almost gets away with it until he accidentally tells a story about hanging with President Barack Obama. He saves himself, though: “I mean, I’m at the frat house watching a program about llamas on YouTube, you know?”
Biden and Devine drop the act to share their important message, though, reminding viewers how they can help prevent sexual assault. The video is a collaboration between the White House-launched It’s On Us campaign and Funny or Die, the people behind Between Two Ferns.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.