Kim Kardashian West was robbed at gunpoint in her Paris hotel room on Sunday night by armed men disguised as police officers, her spokesperson tells TIME.
West was in her room at a luxury residence near Paris’ La Madeleine church at around 3:00 a.m. local time when the five burglars entered, according to Reuters. The men, who wore police jackets and ski masks, tied up West and locked her in a bathroom. Police told media outlets that the perpetrators absconded with a jewelry box whose contents valued in the millions.
West was unscathed during the burglary.
“She is badly shaken but physically unharmed,” her spokesperson, Ina Treciokas, wrote in an email to TIME on Sunday night.
A police official told Associated Press that West left Paris on Monday morning after being questioned, saying her jewellery box contained $6.7 million in jewellery as well as a ring worth nearly $4.5 million. The burglars escaped without arrest, though an investigation is currently underway
West was in France for Paris Fashion Week with her mother Kris Jenner and her sister Kendall Jenner, CNN reports.
The incident was apparently the reason for her husband Kanye West’s abrupt departure from the stage at the Meadows Music & Arts Festival in New York City on Sunday night, where he was headlining.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now