DC Comics fans are about to get a new must-have item: ‘Super Hero Girls’ LEGO sets. The superhero LEGO franchise, which debuts at New York Comic Con, imagines what classic female superheroes and supervillains were like when they were students at Super Hero High. Think Lena Luther trying to open a locker, Poison Ivy surviving gym class and Batgirl battling the cute-but-evil Kryptomites.
New mini-figures include teenage versions of favorite heroes like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumblebee, Poison Ivy, Katana and more. While fans will undoubtedly make up their own stories to go with each character (Supergirl forgets her Spanish homework in the Fortress of Solitude! Harley Quinn goes to prom!) the characters will have their own storylines that explore what it’s like to be a teenage superhero. (We’re guessing it was pretty, well, super.)
The LEGO characters are accompanied by a series of animated shorts, TV specials, online games (find out your superhero BFF!), an app and a theme song provided by Fifth Harmony. Check out the song and more on the DC Super Hero Girls website.
The first three LEGO sets—Batgirl and her Batjet, Harley Quinn and Super Hero High School—will all be available in time for Cyber Monday on Nov. 27. Fans will have to wait until January 2017 for the next batch of ‘Super Hero Girls’ LEGO sets to be released, though, which seems like a super long time to wait.
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement