Donald Trump’s International Hotel in Washington, D.C., was vandalized over the weekend, according to reports. Someone spray-painted the phrase “Black Lives Matter” on the facade of the the luxury hotel, which is positioned along Pennsylvania Avenue in downtown Washington.
A Twitter user posted a video of a person appearing to spray paint the building on Saturday afternoon.
Later, he posted a photo of the finished product.
CNN reports the graffiti was quickly being covered up by plywood and no arrests had been made.
Trump has been criticized throughout the campaign for his approach to racial issues. During last week’s presidential debate, the candidate drew backlash over his call for “law and order” and nationwide stop & frisk policies in response to a question about mending the country’s racial divide. The candidate has also been criticized for being a vocal member of the birther movement that incorrectly called into question the legitimacy of the nation’s first black president.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now