Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado called Donald Trump’s remarks about her “slander and lies,” while Hillary Clinton said they were “unhinged” and proof he would be “dangerous” as president.
Early Friday morning, the Republican presidential nominee fired off a series of tweets saying Machado was “disgusting” and a “con” and alleging that she had a “sex tape” and checkered past.
Machado responded with a photo on Instagram mid-morning of her wrapped in an American flag, accompanied by a long caption responding to Trump. She wrote, in Spanish:
Meantime, Clinton took to Twitter Friday to criticize Trump’s treatment of Machado, questioning his character and temperament.
Clinton will speak more about Trump’s feud with Machado at a rally later Friday afternoon.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow