Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado called Donald Trump’s remarks about her “slander and lies,” while Hillary Clinton said they were “unhinged” and proof he would be “dangerous” as president.
Early Friday morning, the Republican presidential nominee fired off a series of tweets saying Machado was “disgusting” and a “con” and alleging that she had a “sex tape” and checkered past.
Machado responded with a photo on Instagram mid-morning of her wrapped in an American flag, accompanied by a long caption responding to Trump. She wrote, in Spanish:
Meantime, Clinton took to Twitter Friday to criticize Trump’s treatment of Machado, questioning his character and temperament.
Clinton will speak more about Trump’s feud with Machado at a rally later Friday afternoon.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year