A man has created a smart mirror that lets him use his full-length mirror like a gigantic Apple iPhone.
On Wednesday, a YouTube user shared his latest project, a mirror touchscreen designed after Apple’s latest operating system. There’s nothing he cannot do from the comfort of his own mirror. He can pop in and out of all his apps, which appear along the borders of his reflection. He can instantly get the weather, the news and bonus: let his friends know he’s running late on Facebook (in case he’s still deciding on which outfit looks best).
There’s more. When he watches House of Cards on his Netflix app, Frank Underwood looks transparent when he streams into focus, so he never has to take his eyes off himself. He says it goes to sleep after 45 seconds of inaction, but will instantly wake up at his touch, like all James Bond-style home decor.
This mirror’s a real smarty-pants. Watch him demonstrate his smart living room project below.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was