It’s the night we’ve all been waiting for, as Saturday Night Live puts it: no, not the next presidential debate, but the SNL season premiere. Given SNL’s track record in political parody, though, it can sometimes seem like the show’s opening skits have just as much cultural weight as the real thing.
In a new promo spot for Saturday’s season kickoff, SNL released a clip of comedians Kate McKinnon of recent Ghostbusters fame and Alec Baldwin—who has hosted the show more times than anyone else—prepping for their big moments onstage (as Clinton and Trump, naturally). The wigs. The makeup. The signature facial expressions. It’s all there.
Margot Robbie will be hosting the evening, with The Weeknd as musical guest. But many will be watching just for that iconic opener. Watch the promotional spot below.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears