Home Depot has pulled a Halloween decoration off store shelves in Canada after a customer complained that it was in poor taste.
The suction-cup-equipped “Scary Peeper Creeper” decoration mounts outside a window, simulating a man peering inside. The description on Home Depot’s website read that the decoration’s “realistic face looks just like a real man is peering through the window at you.”
A female customer found the item offensive and complained, saying it “makes light of a real-life, sinister issue that women face in our society,” according to CBC News.
After receiving a complaint about the “Scary Peeper Creeper,” Home Depot said it planned to stop selling the item.
“We agree that this is not in line with our core values, and when we heard, took immediate action and are currently in the process of removing this product from our assortment,” a Home Depot spokeswoman told CBC. “We’ve reached out to advise the customer of our actions and apologize. We’re sorry for any offense that was caused.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time