Home Depot has pulled a Halloween decoration off store shelves in Canada after a customer complained that it was in poor taste.
The suction-cup-equipped “Scary Peeper Creeper” decoration mounts outside a window, simulating a man peering inside. The description on Home Depot’s website read that the decoration’s “realistic face looks just like a real man is peering through the window at you.”
A female customer found the item offensive and complained, saying it “makes light of a real-life, sinister issue that women face in our society,” according to CBC News.
After receiving a complaint about the “Scary Peeper Creeper,” Home Depot said it planned to stop selling the item.
“We agree that this is not in line with our core values, and when we heard, took immediate action and are currently in the process of removing this product from our assortment,” a Home Depot spokeswoman told CBC. “We’ve reached out to advise the customer of our actions and apologize. We’re sorry for any offense that was caused.”
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement