The trailer for Leonardo DiCaprio’s new documentary on climate change was released by National Geographic Channel on Tuesday.
“I just want to know how far we’ve gone, and if there’s anything we can do anything to stop it,” said Hollywood’s leading environmental activist in the trailer for Before the Flood.
Alongside DiCaprio, who produced and narrated the film, the production team lists several Hollywood hard-hitters including actor-director Fisher Stevens, who produced Oscar-winning documentary The Cove, and executive producer Martin Scorsese, who directed DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street, Vanity Fair reports.
The film also features appearances and interviews from big names including President Obama, Elon Musk and Pope Francis.
“Climate change is the most critical and urgent problem facing our world today, and it must be a top issue for voters this Election Day,” said DiCaprio according to the Hollywood Reporter. “Fisher and I set out to make a film that not only educates people about the challenges we face if we fail to act, but one which also shows the solutions we can implement if we can find the political will to do so.”
The actor has a history of putting his considerable clout behind worthwhile causes. In 2014, he teamed up with Netflix to release Virunga, a film about a gorilla preservation’s bloody battle against poachers in the Democratic Republic of Congo’s Virunga National Park. The film was nominated for an Oscar for Best Documentary in 2015.
Before its official release on Oct. 21st, Before the Flood will debut in a special screening at the White House on Oct. 3, following a discussion between Obama and DiCaprio.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body