New music is on the way from Solange Knowles.
The singer’s fourth studio album, A Seat at the Table, will be released Friday, she announced on social media.
The album is Knowles’ first since she released True in 2012. A Seat at the Table was written by Solange and features guest appearances from Lil’ Wayne, Q-Tip, The Dream, and her sister Beyoncé’s former Destiny’s Child collaborator, Kelly Rowland.
Knowles describes the upcoming album as “a project on identity, empowerment, independence, grief, and healing.” On her 30th birthday in June, Knowles announced on Instagram she had completed the album after three years and called it her “most proud body of work.”
“I say all of that to say…don’t eveeer let anyone write your story for you,” she continued in her post. “They can talk, they can doubt, and they can say what they wanna, but only you have the words to narrate this ting we call life.”
Along with the album, Knowles has created a poetry book of lyrics and photos with the same name, which is available on her website.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve