Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump squared off in the first of three planned presidential debates Monday night at Hofstra University in Long Island, New York, and celebrities responded on social media.
Lena Dunham donned a Hillary mask to show her support for the Democratic nominee. Ivanka Trump, one of Donald Trump’s daughters, posted a photo of her six-month-old son Theodore wearing an elephant towel to support his grandfather, the Republican nominee.
Elizabeth Banks, Debra Messing, Chrissy Teigen, and Zach Braff were among many in Hollywood who took to social media during the debate. Read a sampling below:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time