On the eve of National Voter Registration Day, Google is taking the opportunity to prompt voters to get registered.
Clicking on today’s Google doodle, which flashes “Register to Vote in different languages,” leads users to the search engine’s enhanced “how to vote” feature. The search giant offers step-by-step instructions on getting registered along with all the requirements and deadlines for each state.
Google rolled out a few tools to assist voters after experiencing an increase in the number of people turning to the platform for information around the election.
Registration and voting-related searches usually peak around October, when many Americans are rushing to figure out when their state’s voter registration deadlines are.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive