Prince George rejected a high-five from Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau upon arriving in the country with his parents and 16-month-old sister Princess Charlotte on Sunday.
Trudeau greeted the royal family and knelt down to offer the shy Prince George, 3, his hand. The attempted high-five backfired when Prince George showed no interest in bonding with the prime minister.
Trudeau joked with the family, saying, “As any parent traveling with children knows, it’s a whole different experience when you bring your family with you.”
Sunday marked the first time the Prince William and Kate Middleton have visited Canada with their children.
“I want to commend you and thank you for introducing our part of the world to Prince George and Princess Charlotte,” Trudeau told the Duke and Duchess. “Although let me caution you from my own experience, if they are anything like our kids, getting them back on the plane after a visit to our beautiful west coast will really be a challenge.”
The royal family is on an eight-day tour of British Columbia and the Yukon Territory.
“Catherine and I are delighted to be back in Canada,” Prince William said during a ceremonial welcome in Victoria, British Columbia. “When we were here last time, we had been married only three months. The warm welcome that you gave us at that important moment in our lives meant a lot to us—and we have never forgotten it.”
He continued, “That is why we are so pleased that George and Charlotte can be with us in Canada this time round, beginning their own lifetime of friendship with this wonderful country.”
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror