The reason was both relatable and very, very pragmatic; Davis had eaten one of the peanut butter sandwiches that Jimmy Kimmel’s mother had made, which the Stranger Things kids had distributed during the show and subsequently had peanut butter all over her Marchesa gown. Additionally, she was experiencing hot flashes on and off throughout the night, which is hardly an ideal comfort level for delivering an acceptance speech.
The interview also gave us a heartwarming look into the actor’s life, where people often conflate her actual person with her fierce characters Annalise Keating and Amanda Waller.
“People apparently think I have a hostile face,” she said. “People mistake me for Annalise Keating and Amanda Waller, so I have to smile. I have to overly smile. I have to smile as if I’m doing a Colgate commercial smile.”
Watch the full interview below.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears