The reason was both relatable and very, very pragmatic; Davis had eaten one of the peanut butter sandwiches that Jimmy Kimmel’s mother had made, which the Stranger Things kids had distributed during the show and subsequently had peanut butter all over her Marchesa gown. Additionally, she was experiencing hot flashes on and off throughout the night, which is hardly an ideal comfort level for delivering an acceptance speech.
The interview also gave us a heartwarming look into the actor’s life, where people often conflate her actual person with her fierce characters Annalise Keating and Amanda Waller.
“People apparently think I have a hostile face,” she said. “People mistake me for Annalise Keating and Amanda Waller, so I have to smile. I have to overly smile. I have to smile as if I’m doing a Colgate commercial smile.”
Watch the full interview below.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer