Suicide Squad star Margot Robbie is on a roll: the Aussie actress will host the season premiere of NBC’s Saturday Night Live alongside musical guest The Weeknd on Oct. 1.
The live comedy show is a rite of passage of sorts for celebrities. And while some of Robbie’s roles to date have been of the dramatic variety (as Leonardo DiCaprio’s wife in The Wolf of Wall Street, for instance), her turn as the diabolical Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad and her precise comedic timing in The Big Short prove she’s got plenty of comedic range for SNL to work with.
Robbie also recently announced that she will be starring in and co-producing a Suicide Squad spin-off about her character. The Weeknd, meanwhile, just released the first single off of his upcoming third studio album, Starboy.
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment