When Rihanna had not yet heard a response from French president Francois Hollande, she took a brief break from being on the receiving end of Drake’s undying love professions to follow up with the world leader the way any self-respecting millennial would — by hitting him up on social media.
The Anti singer took to Twitter to check in with Hollande regarding a letter that she had sent him regarding her #EducationCannotWait campaign in connection with social justice organization Global Citizen, whose NYC festival she’ll be headlining this fall, alongside Kendrick Lamar and Major Lazer.
This isn’t the first time that Rihanna’s turned to a politician to help her cause. Last week, she memorably petitioned her fan base to hit up Canadian heartthrob and prime minister Justin Trudeau to talk about education and health care reform.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating