When Rihanna had not yet heard a response from French president Francois Hollande, she took a brief break from being on the receiving end of Drake’s undying love professions to follow up with the world leader the way any self-respecting millennial would — by hitting him up on social media.
The Anti singer took to Twitter to check in with Hollande regarding a letter that she had sent him regarding her #EducationCannotWait campaign in connection with social justice organization Global Citizen, whose NYC festival she’ll be headlining this fall, alongside Kendrick Lamar and Major Lazer.
This isn’t the first time that Rihanna’s turned to a politician to help her cause. Last week, she memorably petitioned her fan base to hit up Canadian heartthrob and prime minister Justin Trudeau to talk about education and health care reform.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears