A Reddit user who posted a picture from their parents’ wedding day has sparked an online uproar over their father’s resemblance to Matt Damon.
The black and white photo shared by an anonymous Redditor — taken in February 1961, according to original poster coffeeandtrout — shows the groom with his arm wrapped around the bride’s waist as the two stand smiling at each other. It would be a perfectly normal wedding photo — that is, if the groom didn’t look uncannily similar to the Bourne star.
The picture has received nearly 6,000 upvotes since being posted Wednesday night, along with over 1,400 comments about the doppelgänger.
“He’s smiling like he knows he’s Matt Damon,” user MetalLegz joked, while cerberus698 chimed in with, “How many people have died saving your dad throughout the years and how many miles can he sprint flat out before his hands start to shake?”
See the photo below.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement