The black and white photo shared by an anonymous Redditor — taken in February 1961, according to original poster coffeeandtrout — shows the groom with his arm wrapped around the bride’s waist as the two stand smiling at each other. It would be a perfectly normal wedding photo — that is, if the groom didn’t look uncannily similar to the Bourne star.
The picture has received nearly 6,000 upvotes since being posted Wednesday night, along with over 1,400 comments about the doppelgänger.
“He’s smiling like he knows he’s Matt Damon,” user MetalLegz joked, while cerberus698 chimed in with, “How many people have died saving your dad throughout the years and how many miles can he sprint flat out before his hands start to shake?”
See the photo below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.