The black and white photo shared by an anonymous Redditor — taken in February 1961, according to original poster coffeeandtrout — shows the groom with his arm wrapped around the bride’s waist as the two stand smiling at each other. It would be a perfectly normal wedding photo — that is, if the groom didn’t look uncannily similar to the Bourne star.
The picture has received nearly 6,000 upvotes since being posted Wednesday night, along with over 1,400 comments about the doppelgänger.
“He’s smiling like he knows he’s Matt Damon,” user MetalLegz joked, while cerberus698 chimed in with, “How many people have died saving your dad throughout the years and how many miles can he sprint flat out before his hands start to shake?”
See the photo below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time