Apparently her little brother told her the big news and had to send her a link to the song before she would believe it.
“I was like, ‘What are you on about?’ and he sent me the link, and then I heard it!” Nyong’o said. “I heard, ‘I’m on my Lupita Nyong’o’ and I was like, ‘what!’”
Later, when Nyong’o met Hov in real life at the 2015 Oscars, he greeted her by saying, “I did good, right?” to which she replied, “You did so good!”
Watch the full clip below.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer