Lupita Nyong’o might be an Oscar winner and one of the most talented actresses of her generation, but that doesn’t mean that she’s above getting star struck.
The Queen of Katwe actress told Jimmy Kimmel on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Wednesday that she “felt like the coolest kid ever” upon finding out that Jay Z name checked her on his song, “We Made It.”
Apparently her little brother told her the big news and had to send her a link to the song before she would believe it.
“I was like, ‘What are you on about?’ and he sent me the link, and then I heard it!” Nyong’o said. “I heard, ‘I’m on my Lupita Nyong’o’ and I was like, ‘what!’”
Later, when Nyong’o met Hov in real life at the 2015 Oscars, he greeted her by saying, “I did good, right?” to which she replied, “You did so good!”
Watch the full clip below.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement