On Wednesday, The Late Late Show released Corden’s “audition tape” and, well, there’s a reason that Patrick Dempsey eventually got the part.
It turns out that Corden is a huge fan of Bridget Jones. “This is so exciting. Thank you so much for the opportunity,” Corden told Zellweger before his audition.
He had a few ideas to improve the script, including playing the role as Harry Potter, Gandalf, Austin Powers, Bert the street musician from Mary Poppins, Queen Elizabeth (with corgi), and, of course, Sherlock Holmes: “I’ve eliminated the impossible,” said Corden as Holmes, “and what remains highly improbable is that this baby belongs to another man.” In short, Patrick Dempsey did not have much competition from Corden for his role.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was