On Wednesday, The Late Late Show released Corden’s “audition tape” and, well, there’s a reason that Patrick Dempsey eventually got the part.
It turns out that Corden is a huge fan of Bridget Jones. “This is so exciting. Thank you so much for the opportunity,” Corden told Zellweger before his audition.
He had a few ideas to improve the script, including playing the role as Harry Potter, Gandalf, Austin Powers, Bert the street musician from Mary Poppins, Queen Elizabeth (with corgi), and, of course, Sherlock Holmes: “I’ve eliminated the impossible,” said Corden as Holmes, “and what remains highly improbable is that this baby belongs to another man.” In short, Patrick Dempsey did not have much competition from Corden for his role.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears