Actress Mia Farrow‘s son Thaddeus has died, PEOPLE confirms. He was 27.
Farrow was found inside of his vehicle on Wednesday in Connecticut “suffering from a life threatening injury,” according to a police report.
He was taken to Danbury Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 2:30 p.m. There is no criminal aspect to the case, although it is under investigation.
His mother, the 71-year-old actress, adopted him in 1994 from Calcutta, India. He was paraplegic due to polio and the adoption came years after Farrow separated from partner Woody Allen.
He had nine other siblings, including Ronan Farrow, who is a journalist.
At the time of a Vanity Fair article in 2013, Thaddeus was studying to become a police officer and offered insight into what it was like to be adopted by a movie star.
“It was scary to be brought to a world of people whose language I did not understand, with different skin colors,” he said. “The fact that everyone loved me was a new experience, overwhelming at first.”
Farrow has not released a statement on her son’s death but spent Tuesday with her granddaughter, Evangeline.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate