When Walking Dead viewers last saw Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon and the rest of the Alexandria crew, they were kneeling at the feet of the Saviors. Their fate now rests squarely in the hands of Negan and his barbed wire-covered baseball bat, Lucille.
The season six cliffhanger is (arguably) the worst situation the group has found themselves in since they were taken prisoner at Terminus. But unlike their escape from the cannibal compound, at least one of them won’t be making it out of this predicament alive.
The closing moments of the finale switched to the perspective of Negan’s chosen mark, leaving fans to wonder who was on the receiving end of his brutal attack. However, executive producer Greg Nicotero has confirmed that the victim’s identity will be revealed in the season seven premiere.
So who do you think Negan selected during his deadly game of “Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe”? Vote below.
Season 7 of The Walking Dead premieres Oct. 23.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org