Although the future of Arrested Development has been uncertain since its fourth season was released on Netflix in 2013, Jeffrey Tambor — who plays George Bluth Sr. — confirmed Tuesday that the Bluth family will be back for a fifth season of hijinks.
Appearing on Today to talk about his second consecutive Emmy win for his role as Maura Pfefferman on Transparent, the 72-year-old actor revealed that he is scheduled to report to film the comedy in January.
“There’s always chatter,” he told the show’s hosts. “My marching orders are to go to work in January.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time