Debunking rumors that Maz Kanata doesn’t appear in Star Wars: Episode VIII, Lupita Nyong’o — who plays the computer-generated space pirate — confirmed that she has shot scenes for the upcoming installment in the space fantasy saga.
The 33-year-old actress chatted about her recent Vogue cover during Tuesday’s episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show before addressing the gossip surrounding her role in the galaxy far, far away. “I don’t know where this rumor came from — I have no idea. It hurt my feelings,” she told the host. “I’ve shot my scenes…You know you never really know when you shoot your scenes in a movie which ones are going to make it and all that, so it’s always fingers crossed. But as far as I know I’m in it.”
Watch the full clip below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.