Debunking rumors that Maz Kanata doesn’t appear in Star Wars: Episode VIII, Lupita Nyong’o — who plays the computer-generated space pirate — confirmed that she has shot scenes for the upcoming installment in the space fantasy saga.
The 33-year-old actress chatted about her recent Vogue cover during Tuesday’s episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show before addressing the gossip surrounding her role in the galaxy far, far away. “I don’t know where this rumor came from — I have no idea. It hurt my feelings,” she told the host. “I’ve shot my scenes…You know you never really know when you shoot your scenes in a movie which ones are going to make it and all that, so it’s always fingers crossed. But as far as I know I’m in it.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk