Debunking rumors that Maz Kanata doesn’t appear in Star Wars: Episode VIII, Lupita Nyong’o — who plays the computer-generated space pirate — confirmed that she has shot scenes for the upcoming installment in the space fantasy saga.
The 33-year-old actress chatted about her recent Vogue cover during Tuesday’s episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show before addressing the gossip surrounding her role in the galaxy far, far away. “I don’t know where this rumor came from — I have no idea. It hurt my feelings,” she told the host. “I’ve shot my scenes…You know you never really know when you shoot your scenes in a movie which ones are going to make it and all that, so it’s always fingers crossed. But as far as I know I’m in it.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out