First Lady Michelle Obama appeared on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert on Tuesday to discuss her Let Girls Learn initiative, which helps bring resources to 62 million young women who do not have access to education.
Stephen Colbert (as you may have noticed) is not a young girl, but he does enjoy childish things—like blanket forts. Obama stopped his show for a mini-sleepover and the first question Colbert asked her was a slumber party classic: “If you got stuck on a desert island with one famous person, who’d you pick?”
While Colbert picked President Obama, the First Lady had someone else in mind entirely: “Beyoncé!” she said, because she is a very smart woman. “Wait, can I change to Beyoncé?” Colbert joked. Too late, Colbert, she’s taken. Colbert and Obama also shared some healthy snacks, although Colbert had some concerns about eating too many vegetables. “Do you know that if you eat too many carrots, you turn orange? And if you turn really orange, you have to start saying crazy things and run for president,” said Colbert in an apparent dig at Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.
They also discussed secret wishes, where babies come from, and what they wanted to be when they grow up and Obama confessed that she wanted to be Joe Biden.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears