Game of Thrones became the most decorated scripted show in Emmys history Sunday, winning awards for Best Writing, Best Directing and Best Drama to bring the series’ all time total to 38. And while none of its nominated actors — Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage, Emilia Clark, Lena Headey and Maisie Williams — brought home an individual trophy, the cast still seemed to have an incredible time.
Here are a few of the highlights from their record-breaking night.
Clarke received an adorable note from Jimmy Kimmel’s mom. “Have fun tonight!,” it read. “Win or lose, your mom will always love you. Don’t get drunk. XOXOXO Joann (Jimmy’s mom).”
They all met Leslie Jones.
Harington hung out with Stranger Things’ Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown).
Sophie Turner and Williams showed off their Thrones-inspired matching tattoos.
There were some groupings we never knew we needed.
And others we never get tired of seeing.
Never change, Game of Thrones cast, never change.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up