Game of Thrones became the most decorated scripted show in Emmys history Sunday, winning awards for Best Writing, Best Directing and Best Drama to bring the series’ all time total to 38. And while none of its nominated actors — Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage, Emilia Clark, Lena Headey and Maisie Williams — brought home an individual trophy, the cast still seemed to have an incredible time.
Here are a few of the highlights from their record-breaking night.
Clarke received an adorable note from Jimmy Kimmel’s mom. “Have fun tonight!,” it read. “Win or lose, your mom will always love you. Don’t get drunk. XOXOXO Joann (Jimmy’s mom).”
They all met Leslie Jones.
Harington hung out with Stranger Things’ Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown).
Sophie Turner and Williams showed off their Thrones-inspired matching tattoos.
There were some groupings we never knew we needed.
And others we never get tired of seeing.
Never change, Game of Thrones cast, never change.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022