Game of Thrones became the most decorated scripted show in Emmys history Sunday, winning awards for Best Writing, Best Directing and Best Drama to bring the series’ all time total to 38. And while none of its nominated actors — Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage, Emilia Clark, Lena Headey and Maisie Williams — brought home an individual trophy, the cast still seemed to have an incredible time.
Here are a few of the highlights from their record-breaking night.
Clarke received an adorable note from Jimmy Kimmel’s mom. “Have fun tonight!,” it read. “Win or lose, your mom will always love you. Don’t get drunk. XOXOXO Joann (Jimmy’s mom).”
They all met Leslie Jones.
Harington hung out with Stranger Things’ Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown).
Sophie Turner and Williams showed off their Thrones-inspired matching tattoos.
There were some groupings we never knew we needed.
And others we never get tired of seeing.
Never change, Game of Thrones cast, never change.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow