That’s the tattoo Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner showed the world on the red carpet at Sunday’s 68th Emmy Awards, reports Entertainment Weekly.
It refers to the date when the actress found out she was going to be part of the hit HBO series alongside friend Maisie Williams, who has the same tattoo.
When asked what prompted them to get their tattoos now, Turner joked about the show’s trend of killing off its main characters. “We don’t know if we’re going to make it, so Maisie and I were like let’s get these ones before anyone kills us.”
The actress, who plays Sansa Stark, said that the script for the show’s seventh season left her “speechless.”
“I think fans are going to be really satisfied,” she added.
On Sunday, Game of Thrones became the most decorated television show in Emmy history, beating out Frasier with a record 38 wins.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating