When news broke last week that Nelly was reportedly in some major debt with the IRS, fans rallied around the rapper, running with a solution proposed by Spin that listeners should stream the rapper’s songs on Spotify a collective 287,176,547 times so that he could receive a sizeable payout.
Fans started using the hashtag #SaveNelly, playing hits like “Hot in Herre” and “Ride Wit Me” often on repeat to help the rapper rack up plays.
Less than a week later, it looks like the #SaveNelly campaign has already helped Nelly rack up some major airtime on Spotify. Spotify told TIME that streams of Nelly during peak listening hours have tripled compared to the previous week.
If you’re looking to help #SaveNelly, we’ve included the Spotify link for his classic Country Grammar below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization