When news broke last week that Nelly was reportedly in some major debt with the IRS, fans rallied around the rapper, running with a solution proposed by Spin that listeners should stream the rapper’s songs on Spotify a collective 287,176,547 times so that he could receive a sizeable payout.
Fans started using the hashtag #SaveNelly, playing hits like “Hot in Herre” and “Ride Wit Me” often on repeat to help the rapper rack up plays.
Less than a week later, it looks like the #SaveNelly campaign has already helped Nelly rack up some major airtime on Spotify. Spotify told TIME that streams of Nelly during peak listening hours have tripled compared to the previous week.
If you’re looking to help #SaveNelly, we’ve included the Spotify link for his classic Country Grammar below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science