The Oscar nominee was mocked on CanalPlus’ program Le Grand Journal by Ornella Fleury, The Hollywood Reporter reports, who told him her sexual fantasy would involve Hill making her laugh then “all of a sudden, [bringing his] friends DiCaprio and Brad Pitt, and then going away.”
“I’m glad I came on this show to get ridiculed by your local weather girl,” Hill responded. He later canceled the rest of his press tour in France.
Fleury has since issued a formal apology. “Jonah, the problem is that for 10 years I have lived with you through your films,” she said, according to The Local. “In fact, Jonah, I really had the impression that I knew you so last Friday I thought I was just messing around with a friend, but the reality is that we are not friends.”
Hill stars alongside Miles Teller in War Dogs, the true story of childhood friends who exploited a government procurement opportunity to land a $300 million contract to supply the Afghan army in 2007.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out