Donald Trump has been criticized for being too sympathetic to Russian President Vladimir Putin, but he told Jimmy Fallon that he hardly knows the guy.
On The Tonight Show Thursday, Fallon told Trump he had a celebrity nickname for the reported “bromance” with Putin — “Vlump.” Trump smiled at the nickname but said, “I don’t know him, I know nothing about him really. I just think if we got along with Russia that’s not a bad thing… I don’t like him, I don’t dislike him, I don’t have any feelings one way or the other.”
“They do try to pin me into this and I’m saying to myself, ‘I don’t even know him,'” Trump continued. “All of a sudden they make it like he’s my best friend.”
During his appearance on the show Trump also said he wished the presidential debates had no moderators like the famous Lincoln-Douglas debates and allowed Fallon to mess up his famous hair.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving