Donald Trump questioned the health of rival Hillary Clinton Wednesday after days of largely keeping quiet on the subject in the wake of the Democratic nominee’s disclosure that she had pneumonia.
Trump remarked to a crowd in Ohio that performing in hot and crowded rooms requires stamina, according to a Politico report. “I don’t know folks, do you think Hillary could stand up here for an hour?” he asked the crowd.
Trump’s advisers had urged the candidate to say silent on the matter, according to Politico. Clinton disclosed Sunday that she had contracted pneumonia after video showing her stumbling as she entered a vehicle spread widely.
Later, in the rally he said he hoped Clinton would have a quick recovery. “She’s lying in bed getting better and we want her better,” he said, according to Politico. “We want her back on the trail.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022