Donald Trump questioned the health of rival Hillary Clinton Wednesday after days of largely keeping quiet on the subject in the wake of the Democratic nominee’s disclosure that she had pneumonia.
Trump remarked to a crowd in Ohio that performing in hot and crowded rooms requires stamina, according to a Politico report. “I don’t know folks, do you think Hillary could stand up here for an hour?” he asked the crowd.
Trump’s advisers had urged the candidate to say silent on the matter, according to Politico. Clinton disclosed Sunday that she had contracted pneumonia after video showing her stumbling as she entered a vehicle spread widely.
Later, in the rally he said he hoped Clinton would have a quick recovery. “She’s lying in bed getting better and we want her better,” he said, according to Politico. “We want her back on the trail.”
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up