Donald Trump on Wednesday discussed his most recent physical exam while taping an appearance on the Dr. Oz Show—a surprise after his campaign said this morning he would not release medical records on the show.
In an hour-long interview, Trump spoke to Dr. Mehmet Oz about his personal health and his ideas about health care policy, according to a press release from the show. The episode is set to air on Thursday.
Trump recently suggested that both he and Hillary Clinton release “detailed medical records,” as he sought to raise doubts about her health. Clinton’s campaign has denied that she has any serious health issues and has responded with questions about the legitimacy of a letter from Trump’s doctor.
“If your health is as strong as it seems from your review of systems, why not share your medical records? Why not let people see?” Oz says in a video clip from the episode.
“Well I really have no problem in doing it. I have it right here. Should I do it? I don’t care. Should I do it?” Trump says to audience applause, before handing papers to Oz. “It’s two letters. One is the report and the other is from Lenox Hill Hospital.”
In an interview earlier this week, following Clinton’s pneumonia diagnosis, Trump said he would soon release “very, very specific” details from a recent physical. Clinton’s campaign also said this week that she would release additional information about her health.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time