What do you do when you have the First Lady of the United States of America on your talk show? If you’re Ellen DeGeneres, you take her shopping at CVS.
Like many, many Americans before them, for a segment for The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Obama and DeGeneres spent some quality time wandering the aisles of a local CVS, which DeGeneres claims stands for “cotton, vaseline, and stuff.” Obama pushed her shopping cart around the pharmacy, while DeGeneres did her best to serve as her tour guide through the store, including stops at a Coinstar machine, perusing the magazine aisle, and picking out Halloween candy. It was an exciting trip to the store as Obama tried to pick up some earbuds for her daughter, Sasha, a “Bernie Sanders” sighting, and discovering the wonders of wine in a box.
In the end, though, the First Lady does not recommend DeGeneres as a shopping partner, saying: “You are really not a good person to shop with.” Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve