What do you do when you have the First Lady of the United States of America on your talk show? If you’re Ellen DeGeneres, you take her shopping at CVS.
Like many, many Americans before them, for a segment for The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Obama and DeGeneres spent some quality time wandering the aisles of a local CVS, which DeGeneres claims stands for “cotton, vaseline, and stuff.” Obama pushed her shopping cart around the pharmacy, while DeGeneres did her best to serve as her tour guide through the store, including stops at a Coinstar machine, perusing the magazine aisle, and picking out Halloween candy. It was an exciting trip to the store as Obama tried to pick up some earbuds for her daughter, Sasha, a “Bernie Sanders” sighting, and discovering the wonders of wine in a box.
In the end, though, the First Lady does not recommend DeGeneres as a shopping partner, saying: “You are really not a good person to shop with.” Watch the full clip below.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror