What do you do when you have the First Lady of the United States of America on your talk show? If you’re Ellen DeGeneres, you take her shopping at CVS.
Like many, many Americans before them, for a segment for The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Obama and DeGeneres spent some quality time wandering the aisles of a local CVS, which DeGeneres claims stands for “cotton, vaseline, and stuff.” Obama pushed her shopping cart around the pharmacy, while DeGeneres did her best to serve as her tour guide through the store, including stops at a Coinstar machine, perusing the magazine aisle, and picking out Halloween candy. It was an exciting trip to the store as Obama tried to pick up some earbuds for her daughter, Sasha, a “Bernie Sanders” sighting, and discovering the wonders of wine in a box.
In the end, though, the First Lady does not recommend DeGeneres as a shopping partner, saying: “You are really not a good person to shop with.” Watch the full clip below.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time