What do you do when you have the First Lady of the United States of America on your talk show? If you’re Ellen DeGeneres, you take her shopping at CVS.
Like many, many Americans before them, for a segment for The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Obama and DeGeneres spent some quality time wandering the aisles of a local CVS, which DeGeneres claims stands for “cotton, vaseline, and stuff.” Obama pushed her shopping cart around the pharmacy, while DeGeneres did her best to serve as her tour guide through the store, including stops at a Coinstar machine, perusing the magazine aisle, and picking out Halloween candy. It was an exciting trip to the store as Obama tried to pick up some earbuds for her daughter, Sasha, a “Bernie Sanders” sighting, and discovering the wonders of wine in a box.
In the end, though, the First Lady does not recommend DeGeneres as a shopping partner, saying: “You are really not a good person to shop with.” Watch the full clip below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating