In case you judged actor Adrien Grenier because of his decidedly lothario-esque hobbies on Entourage as Vincent Chase, now is the moment for him to speak his mind.
“I would consider myself a feminist,” Grenier said. “But women don’t need my permission to take what is rightfully theirs after all these years, so I don’t even need to declare my feminism as a righteous thing. I just am, because I recognize that it’s happening, it’s right. And I’m just in awe of it and excited about the prospect. Maybe our saving grace is if we can balance the male energy, which tends to be short-term thinking, overly aggressive, often indelicate, with the feminine energy, which is more careful study and frankly more sophisticated, we might actually be able to build a world that would be in balance.”
Grenier also espoused environmentalism (he’s working on a documentary about ocean pollution with the help of fellow Save the Whales babe Leonardo DiCaprio.)
Watch your back, Matt McGorry. There’s a new feminist heartthrob in town.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time