The sequel to the Fifty Shades of Grey movie is slowly, teasingly coming to light. The brand-new trailer for the romantic thriller finally came out on Tuesday, and it promises another installment of the tensely erotic cinema that fans can’t get enough of.
Starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan as conflicted lovers Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey, Fifty Shades Darker is set for a February release just like its predecessor, which was a Valentine’s Day smash hit and major box office win for Universal Studios.
Fifty Shades of Grey left Ana and Christian at a bit of a relationship impasse, but clearly they are back together again in the sequel. But now she has an ultimatum. “This time, no rules, no punishments, and no more secrets,” she tells Christian in the trailer. For now, we can satisfy ourselves with continued glimpses of a fancy masquerade ball and the knowledge that this sequel is going to be even “more of a thriller” than the first, according to studio executives. A new director and screenwriter were tapped for this take on the bestselling E.L. James novel, and Hugh Dancy, Rita Ora, and Tyler Hoechlin will also appear.
Watch the first trailer, below. It’s expected to hit theaters February 10th in 2017.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up