Hillary Clinton said Monday that she is “feeling fine and getting better,” after the campaign disclosed that the Democratic presidential nominee had been diagnosed with pneumonia.
“Like anyone who’s ever been home sick from work, I’m just anxious to get back out there,” Clinton wrote on Twitter. “See you on the trail soon.”
On Sunday, the candidate left a ceremony at the 9/11 Memorial in New York City early after she became overheated. Video later surfaced that appeared to show Clinton stumbling and possibly faint as she got into her vehicle. The campaign said it will release more information about Clinton’s health later this week.
Earlier on Monday, her opponent Donald Trump wished her well during an appearance on Fox & Friends.
“Something’s going on,” Trump said. “I just hope she gets well and gets back on the trail and we’ll be seeing her at the debate.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out