Aly Raisman is absolutely unshakeable.
The two-time Olympian, Final Five gymnastics captain, and celebrity bestie was joined by her famously anxious parents on The Ellen Show to discuss Raisman’s plans going forward — and to get the real story on those super-stressed photos of Lynn and Rick watching their daughter perform from the Rio audience — only to be interrupted in the middle of their interview with a fright in the form of a man saying “Boo!” (Very original.)
Lynn and Rick, who are known for their expressive reactions, were duly shocked. But Aly, as ever, remained cool, calm, and collected. The athlete just doesn’t snap under pressure. This may have come in handy when she delivered some of the most consistent routines of the Games every time she stepped up to compete.
Raisman also shared that she’s planning on taking a year off before getting back on the mats and making another go for the 2020 Olympics, as she keeps “getting better with age.”
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart