Donald Trump will give his top military officials a maximum of a month to deliver a plan to vanquish ISIS if he wins the Oval Office, he said Tuesday.
The Republican presidential nominee outlined the order before a small crowd in North Carolina. “We are going to convey my top generals and give them a simple instruction,” Trump said, according to ABC News. “They will have 30 days to submit to the Oval Office a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS. We have no choice.”
Trump and Democratic hopeful Hillary Clinton are set to discuss military and veterans’ issues Wednesday night at a “commander-in-chief forum,” which is hosted in New York City and sponsored by the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement