Donald Trump thinks Hillary Clinton doesn’t look like a president.
In a recent interview aboard Trump’s plane, ABC News asked the candidate what he meant by previous comments saying Clinton doesn’t look like she could be president.
“I just don’t think she has a presidential look, and you need a presidential look,” Trump replied. “You have to get the job done. I think if she went to Mexico she would have had a total failure. We had a big success.”
ABC’s David Muir pressed Trump, asking if he was referring to “aesthetics.”
“I’m talking about in general,” Trump said. “Hey, by the way, she has said things about me that are horrible.”
According to Talking Points Memo, Republican National Committee spokesman Sean Spicer took to CNN to defend Trump. When asked about whether Trump’s “look” comment had to do with Clinton being a woman, Spicer said, “Oh my God, give me a break.”
Clinton running mate Tim Kaine attacked Trump in response on Monday. “Here’s my prediction, at the end of a second-term Hillary Clinton, Trump will be saying that same thing as he’s hawking bottled water somewhere and we’ve forgotten he ever ran for president,” Kaine said, the Hill reports.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror