Donald Trump thinks Hillary Clinton doesn’t look like a president.
In a recent interview aboard Trump’s plane, ABC News asked the candidate what he meant by previous comments saying Clinton doesn’t look like she could be president.
“I just don’t think she has a presidential look, and you need a presidential look,” Trump replied. “You have to get the job done. I think if she went to Mexico she would have had a total failure. We had a big success.”
ABC’s David Muir pressed Trump, asking if he was referring to “aesthetics.”
“I’m talking about in general,” Trump said. “Hey, by the way, she has said things about me that are horrible.”
According to Talking Points Memo, Republican National Committee spokesman Sean Spicer took to CNN to defend Trump. When asked about whether Trump’s “look” comment had to do with Clinton being a woman, Spicer said, “Oh my God, give me a break.”
Clinton running mate Tim Kaine attacked Trump in response on Monday. “Here’s my prediction, at the end of a second-term Hillary Clinton, Trump will be saying that same thing as he’s hawking bottled water somewhere and we’ve forgotten he ever ran for president,” Kaine said, the Hill reports.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time