Donald Trump thinks Hillary Clinton doesn’t look like a president.
In a recent interview aboard Trump’s plane, ABC News asked the candidate what he meant by previous comments saying Clinton doesn’t look like she could be president.
“I just don’t think she has a presidential look, and you need a presidential look,” Trump replied. “You have to get the job done. I think if she went to Mexico she would have had a total failure. We had a big success.”
ABC’s David Muir pressed Trump, asking if he was referring to “aesthetics.”
“I’m talking about in general,” Trump said. “Hey, by the way, she has said things about me that are horrible.”
According to Talking Points Memo, Republican National Committee spokesman Sean Spicer took to CNN to defend Trump. When asked about whether Trump’s “look” comment had to do with Clinton being a woman, Spicer said, “Oh my God, give me a break.”
Clinton running mate Tim Kaine attacked Trump in response on Monday. “Here’s my prediction, at the end of a second-term Hillary Clinton, Trump will be saying that same thing as he’s hawking bottled water somewhere and we’ve forgotten he ever ran for president,” Kaine said, the Hill reports.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023