Steve Irwin’s daughter commemorated the 10th anniversary of her father’s death on Sunday with a touching post and childhood photo of her lifelong “hero.”
Bindi Irwin shared an image on Instagram of her smiling father easily hoisting her up with one arm when she was an infant. “You’ll be my hero for my entire existence,” she wrote in a caption. “I love you more than words can describe.”
Steve Irwin, the legendary “Crocodile Hunter,” died in 2006 after being stung by a sting ray.
In the decade after his passing, his 18-year-old daughter went on to compete on Dancing With the Stars and ended up taking home the mirrorball trophy last year after paying several on-air tributes to her dad.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far