Steve Irwin’s daughter commemorated the 10th anniversary of her father’s death on Sunday with a touching post and childhood photo of her lifelong “hero.”
Bindi Irwin shared an image on Instagram of her smiling father easily hoisting her up with one arm when she was an infant. “You’ll be my hero for my entire existence,” she wrote in a caption. “I love you more than words can describe.”
Steve Irwin, the legendary “Crocodile Hunter,” died in 2006 after being stung by a sting ray.
In the decade after his passing, his 18-year-old daughter went on to compete on Dancing With the Stars and ended up taking home the mirrorball trophy last year after paying several on-air tributes to her dad.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow