Fans, admirers, celebrities and family members took to social media Sunday to celebrate what many see as the best day of the year: Beyoncé Knowles Carter’s birthday.
The Lemonade singer turned 35 on Sunday, prompting many to send their best wishes on Twitter and Instagram. Beyoncé’s mother, Tina Knowles-Lawson, jumped to it early with an Instagram post Saturday night.
Olympic gymnastic champion Simone Biles tweeted that “Beyoncé’s birthday should be a national holiday,” following up later with a photo of the singer hugging Biles at the 2016 VMAs.
The hashtag #HappyBirthdayBeyonce trended well into Sunday afternoon, with fans sharing their favorite videos and photos of the singer.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma