Fans, admirers, celebrities and family members took to social media Sunday to celebrate what many see as the best day of the year: Beyoncé Knowles Carter’s birthday.
The Lemonade singer turned 35 on Sunday, prompting many to send their best wishes on Twitter and Instagram. Beyoncé’s mother, Tina Knowles-Lawson, jumped to it early with an Instagram post Saturday night.
Olympic gymnastic champion Simone Biles tweeted that “Beyoncé’s birthday should be a national holiday,” following up later with a photo of the singer hugging Biles at the 2016 VMAs.
The hashtag #HappyBirthdayBeyonce trended well into Sunday afternoon, with fans sharing their favorite videos and photos of the singer.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate