The firefighters were with the dog’s owners, who had returned to their home to retrieve some of their belongings, the Associated Press reported.
Nearly 300 people were killed and hundreds more were injured in the magnitude 6.2 earthquake on Aug. 24.
Video of the rescue shows firefighters giving the dog some water and carrying him over a pile of rubble to flat ground. Romeo appeared to recover quickly, walking around the area, approaching his rescuers and wagging his tail.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?