Colorado Democrats are setting up a taco truck outside of Donald Trump’s campaign office in Denver to register voters after a Trump surrogate said that more Mexicans moving to the United States would lead to “taco trucks on every corner.”
“My culture is a very dominant culture. It’s imposing and it’s causing problems. If you don’t do something about it, you’re going to have taco trucks on every corner,” Marco Gutierrez, the cofounder of Latinos for Trump, said of Mexicans in the United States.
The remark, which was widely mocked, has ended up as fodder for Democratic attacks. The Colorado Democrats’ truck is scheduled to set up on Friday afternoon and register voters “eat lunch, talk with passer-bys about the stakes in this election,” according to a statement.
The Denver taco truck is not the only trolling the Democrats have done. The Arizona Democratic Party has changed its sign to say “Taco Trucks On Every Corner.”
The Clinton campaign and the Democratic Party in Colorado and Arizona are seeking to register Latino voters, who support Clinton by wide margins but historically turn out to vote at lower rates that whites do.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer