Workers at a Coca-Cola factory in Southern France uncovered more than 800 pounds of cocaine valued at $56 million in a shipment of orange juice, according to a report.
A Coca-Cola spokesperson told the Associated Press that employees immediately informed police, who are now investigating. The orange juice shipment had just arrived from Costa Rica.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Justin Worland at firstname.lastname@example.org