The live-action remake of Disney’s beloved Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens, isn’t out until March 2017 — but here’s a first, tantalizing teaser clip of what we can expect in the lush new version.
Besides giving us a glimpse of the glamorous ballroom dripping in chandeliers and the updated animations of Cogsworth and Lumière (voiced by veteran actors Ian McKellen and Ewan McGregor respectively), the clip also delivers a behind-the-scenes table read of dialogue between Watson as Belle and Stevens as the Beast, marking the first time we’ve been given a snippet of the two leads’ voices and chemistry in the classic fairytale romance.
As director Bill Condon notes, “When something is so perfect, why get near it? The answer is, technology has caught up to the ideas that were introduced in that movie,” making the time right for the updated take.
Watch below and see if you don’t get chills listening to Watson’s and Stevens’s flirty exchange.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time