The live-action remake of Disney’s beloved Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens, isn’t out until March 2017 — but here’s a first, tantalizing teaser clip of what we can expect in the lush new version.
Besides giving us a glimpse of the glamorous ballroom dripping in chandeliers and the updated animations of Cogsworth and Lumière (voiced by veteran actors Ian McKellen and Ewan McGregor respectively), the clip also delivers a behind-the-scenes table read of dialogue between Watson as Belle and Stevens as the Beast, marking the first time we’ve been given a snippet of the two leads’ voices and chemistry in the classic fairytale romance.
As director Bill Condon notes, “When something is so perfect, why get near it? The answer is, technology has caught up to the ideas that were introduced in that movie,” making the time right for the updated take.
Watch below and see if you don’t get chills listening to Watson’s and Stevens’s flirty exchange.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive